Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Day Off

This morning, after a couple of hours of searching out garage sales as a family, we all returned home for a well-earned nap.

Mine lasted almost four hours.  Because my husband is awesome.

Even more awesome, he then gave me the rest of the day off.  He took the kids outside, then to McDonald's for dinner and playtime.  I stayed home, blissfully alone in the silence.

I watched television.

I made a skirt for Samantha (and started on a second one).

I played games on my computer.

I read.

At no point did anyone pull on me to ask for something.

Not once did I have to rush out of my seat to soothe a screaming baby.

I simply spent time alone with my thoughts, and was rested enough to enjoy it.

It was a welcome sigh of relief at the end of a crazy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment