Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Boy and A Dog . . .

My poor little heart is breaking.

I have to move Lilo to a new home. Yes, even in the midst of the chaos that is my life, I still have to move her because she growled at my baby. My baby who loves dogs. Seriously, this kid has ridiculous amounts of love for any four-legged animal, especially dogs.*

And Lilo wants nothing to do with him. And Miles is scared of her. With good reason.

Today, Jill brought her Australian Shepherd, Buddha, to the office with her.** As always, Miles was fascinated. He kept crawling into the Sales office to look at Buddha. Finally, Miles worked up enough courage to touch Buddha (with adult supervision on both sides, of course).

And Buddha licked his face. And Miles giggled with delight. I could hardly tear him away from the dog for the rest of the day. And when I managed to, I would have to chase him down two minutes later, as he crawled at top speed toward the Sales office, calling in his adorable little voice, "Daw! Daw! Daw!" [Translation: "Dog! Dog! Dog!]

It was beautiful, this love between the boy and the dog. I only wish that beautiful love existed between Miles and Lilo. :(

*Except for my grandfather's poodles. But, apparently, they're not dogs. Miles is quite adamant that they are "kitty!"

**I work in the coolest office ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment