Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Everything Stinks

Literally.

I had forgotten one of my least favorite parts of pregnancy until recently: the Super Nose.  My nose, which usually is pretty much useless, suddenly smells everything.  And it all stinks.

At least, those seem to be the only scents I notice.

And worst of all, I always seem to assume that it's me that stinks.  Even when it makes no sense.  This morning, at toddler gym, I smelled poop.  I kept sniffing all my stuff to make sure it wasn't me.  Never mind the fact that I am wearing clean clothes.  Or the fact that I checked the diaper bag this morning and there were no extra surprises.  And we can completely overlook the fact that I don't generally smell like poop when I leave the house.  Somehow, I was convinced that it was me.  Until someone took their kid to the bathroom to change their diaper.

Oh.  Duh.

And I'm realizing that most of the places that I like to take Miles smell bad.  Like sweat.  Or feet.  Or both.    Because they are all places where kids are running, usually without shoes.  I just never realized how much little kids can stink.  (But, somehow, not my kid.  I sniff him regularly to make sure, and he smells like soap and sunshine, and occasionally of a dirty pull-up, but never of sweat.  Weird.)

But it doesn't stop there.  I got a new crock-pot for Christmas, and used it for the first time yesterday.  The smell of new plastic nearly drove me out of the house.  At the grocery store the other day, I nearly choked on some lady's bad perfume.  And let's not even talk about the stink of the gas station.  Yuck.

I miss my normal, useless nose.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that about being preggo. Oh and your boy is freaking adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete