Thursday, October 13, 2011

30 by 30 Update


Just because.

  1. Read thirty books off of the list of top 100 banned books. - 0/30
  2. Make thirty crafts I have not tried before.  Bonus points if each serves a practical purpose. - 1/30 - I made a cloth diaper wet bag!
  3. Choreograph a dance for my children's group.  All by myself. - This will probably have to wait until next year.
  4. Take 30,000 pictures. - 1,500/30,000
  5. Cook or bake 30 dishes I have never made before. - No time. :(
  6. Watch 30 classic movies I've never seen. - No time. :(
  7. Learn to knit or crochet. - No time. :(
  8. Take a dance lesson, or preferably, a dance class. - Not yet.
  9. Take Miles to a new museum/event/activity/experience at least once a month. - So far, so good
  10. Simplify my life by getting rid of things I do not need. - I've started, but it's slow progress.
  11. Organize all of our household paperwork, and keep up on it. - Um, yeah.  Haven't even thought about it. . .
  12. Start my own business.  Even if it's just selling a few craft items online from time to time. - Done some research, but that's about it.
  13. Finish illustrating the children's book I wrote in college. - Nope.
  14. Open a savings account for Miles. - Nope, though I have started collecting his money all in one place, so I can. . .
  15. Send birthday cards to everyone in my immediate circle of family/friends for at least one year. - . . .I'll start in January?
  16. Take Dominic through obedience classes. - Moot.  He moved in with a new family.
  17. Decide if/when I'm going to go back for my Master's degree, and what I'm going to study. - Given it some thought, still clueless.
  18. Audition for a musical. - No time.
  19. Quit my Festival job and become a full-time stay-at-home mom. - Not sure I really want this anymore.
  20. Compile my music collection into one place. - Nope.
  21. Get a digital copy of every important photograph I have, and store them in a safe place. - Started.
  22. Finish my digital family tree. - Um. . .yeah.  Kinda forgot. . .
  23. Exercise every single day for at least 30 days. - I got through about ten days, and gave up.  I'll have to try again.
  24. Learn at least 30 new signs for use at Special Olympics. 5/30
  25. Learn to play at least ten new games. - Not really.
  26. Become more involved in the financial planning of our household. - Slowly.
  27. Set up our wills, and arrange for custody of Miles, should anything unfortunate happen. - Nope.
  28. Find a church where my family is comfortable, and become an active member. - Nope.
  29. Participate in a flash mob. - Hoping to do so this on Sunday.
  30. Contact at least ten of my teachers from elementary, middle, high school, and college, and tell them how they have influenced my life. 2 of 10 contacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment