- Coffee tables are not for coffee or magazines, as I once thought. They are for holding scraps of banana and crashing trucks on.
- Anything can be a sword, so long as your opponent has a matching one.
- There are never enough trucks or trains. Even if you run out of space to play with them.
- Learning tends to be messy, but it's worth it.
- Toddler kisses tend to be messy, but they're worth it.
- There is no excuse not to take a walk. Even if it's thirty-two degrees out.
- When in doubt, melodrama is always the answer.
- Straws do, in fact, fit in toddler-sized nostrils.
- All obstacles are meant to be climbed. Even sleeping parents.
- Toddlers can go from fully dressed to stark naked in 2.5 seconds.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Lessons of Mommyhood
Oh, the many things I've learned from my son recently.