Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lessons of Mommyhood

Oh, the many things I've learned from my son recently.

  1. Coffee tables are not for coffee or magazines, as I once thought.  They are for holding scraps of banana and crashing trucks on.
  2. Anything can be a sword, so long as your opponent has a matching one.
  3. There are never enough trucks or trains.  Even if you run out of space to play with them.
  4. Learning tends to be messy, but it's worth it.
  5. Toddler kisses tend to be messy, but they're worth it.
  6. There is no excuse not to take a walk.  Even if it's thirty-two degrees out.
  7. When in doubt, melodrama is always the answer.
  8. Straws do, in fact, fit in toddler-sized nostrils.
  9. All obstacles are meant to be climbed.  Even sleeping parents.
  10. Toddlers can go from fully dressed to stark naked in 2.5 seconds.

1 comment:

  1. Toddlers are just messy...and any kind of toddler kiss is worth it!! I am so glad I got to see him this weekend. I miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete