Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

I am thankful for:
  • My amazing husband.  He is my rock, my anchor, and my soft place to land.  He supports me in everything, and loves me completely.  For that alone, I am blessed.
  • My beautiful son.  He impresses me daily with his intelligence, good spirits, and wit.  He is absolutely the best of Patrick and I combined.
  • My littlest babe, growing so quickly.  I cannot wait to meet you, Baby!
  • My comfortable home.  It may not be our forever home, but it is beautiful, well-furnished, and just the right size for us.  
  • The food and spices we are able to afford.  I enjoy cooking for my family, and I love that we have a well-stocked spice rack that I can experiment with.  It is wonderful to know that I can make dinners that my family gobbles down, and asks for seconds of.
  • My blood-family.  No matter what happens, I know that my mom, dad, and little sister will always love me (as I will them) - even when we disagree.  On everything. :)
  • My in-laws.  I definitely won the in-law lottery when I married Patrick.  These people love me as much as my blood-family, and always provide refuge from the chaos of our world.
  • My chosen family.  I cannot even begin to express my love for these people.  I am truly blessed by them.  And from this huge group, I have to say a special thank you for my she'endre - my sisters by choice.  You know who you are.
  • Modern medicine that will help rid me of the panic attacks that make me so miserable.  Already, the edge of anxiety that had taken residence in my chest has mostly faded.  I truly believe God works miracles through science, sometimes.
  • My health, my family's health, and our fantastic health insurance.  I am so blessed to live in a place where I rarely have to worry about illnesses, and to be able to afford the medications that help me live my life on my terms.
  • My chair.  It is old, and frankly kinda ugly, but it is comforting in all the best ways.  Especially when Miles shares it with me.
  • My internet friends.  Without them, I would have a much harder time with this whole parenting gig.
  • Warm drinks on cool evenings.
  • Good books and the time to enjoy them.
  • Pumpkin-scented soap.
  • Miles' train table.  It has provided so many hours of entertainment for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment