Monday, February 18, 2013

Hallelujah!

Miles is getting speech services! :)

I got a call from the private therapist this morning.  She said that based on his test scores - which were at the lowest edge of 'normal', insurance denied services as 'not medically necessary'.  Sigh.  However, she is willing to do his therapy for the same cost as our co-pay.  So, we decided to move forward with services.  I am beyond thrilled that he is finally going to get the help I know he needs.

Miles will have speech therapy once a week, and the therapist will meet with him while he's already at school.  I would have taken him anywhere he needed to go, but this little extra effort on her part makes it all so much more convenient for us.  Especially with a baby coming so soon to disrupt our routine.

I have a good feeling about this. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment