Sunday, March 11, 2012

And, the sleep issues return . . .

In case you're new, or have forgotten, my darling little cherub didn't consistently sleep through the night until he was 15 months old.  And we struggled with getting him to actually fall asleep for a few months after that.  Finally, finally, we got into a routine that worked, and Miles went to bed easily, and slept all night.  Even naps were getting easy.

Then. . .something changed.  I have no idea what, but something.  Because it is 10:30 pm and I am listening on the monitor to my toddler playing, even though I put him in bed an hour ago.  And again 45 minutes ago.  And half an hour ago.  And 10 minutes ago.

This has been happening for a week or two at this point, and I am so missing the easier nights.

We have tried shortening his nap.  No dice.  I would take away the nap altogether, except that he needs that sleep, or he's a bear.  Also?  Mommy needs him to nap, or I'm a bear.  But he won't sleep at night.  And often, he's up multiple times throughout the night, too.  One night this week, I actually fell asleep on the floor next to him trying to get him to sleep.  Patrick came in an hour later and woke me so I could sleep in the bed, instead.

And now, he's playing with his pirate ship.  Time to put him back in bed.  Again. <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment