Sunday, July 24, 2011

Battles & Blessings


  • Crazy-busy schedule that left me stressed.
  • Having to come to terms with the idea of going through physical therapy again. Blargh.
  • The heat.  I have tried so hard not to complain about the heat, but it has been oppressive for more than two weeks straight.  It is starting to wear on me.
  • Teething + Growth Spurt = Cranky Toddler
  • Temper tantrums.  
  • Exhaustion.  Partly from the heat, partly from back pain, partly from simply being Miles' mother.


  • Job-sharing with a friend to ease the scheduling crazies.  I will work 2-3 days a week, and she will take the rest.  Even better?  On my working days, she will watch Miles, and on her working days, I will get to have her amazingly sweet 6-year-old daughter.
  • Modern medication, physical therapy, and decent medical insurance to cover it all.  Sometimes, I forget what a huge blessing insurance really is.
  • Air conditioning so cold that I actually like going out into the heat.  For about two minutes.  Then, I get to return to the suddenly-refreshing icy-cold air conditioning. :)
  • A toddler who is absolutely delightful 95% of the time.  It makes the other 5% worth it. 
  • Cuddles, hugs, and kisses from Miles, because he needs the comfort.  I hate that he hurts, but I love the affection.
  • Dominic.  I love that goofy little mutt.  Especially when he curls up next to me to love on me.
  • Time to spend with dear friends, especially Portia, and Pren, and Tracy, none of whom I see often enough.
  • The anticipation of the birth of my nephew, who could come any day now.  It's so exciting! Eeee!
  • The beautiful, loving, supportive family that I am blessed with, and the beautiful, loving, supportive friends who have become family.
I am so thankful to be living this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment