Needless to say, I was pretty wiped out by then. Tired. Done with the day. Not really in a terrible mood, but definitely not happy, either.
Now, however, I am blissfully content, thanks to a myriad of small things, reminding me how very blessed I am. Such as:
- The sheer joy of a performer realizing that the terms of his contract were better than he expected.
- The hugs and love from the whirlwind of Romani that invaded my office just before I left.
- The excitement of a co-worker thinking he had heard Miles, and his disappointment to find that he was mistaken. (While I am not happy about his disappointment, I am happy that he loves Miles enough to feel that way)
- A thank you at the right moment.
- Silence in the car and a highway free of traffic.
- A lucky glimpse of a rainbow, unbelievable brilliant, for less than a moment before it faded.
- The joyous sound of "Mom-mom!" as I walked in the door, and the loving embrace of my wonderful husband.
In the end, it has been a good day.