Thursday, July 14, 2011

I won! I won!

So, eons ago, I received a blog award!  My very first!  And I was oh-so-excited!

And then, life happened all over the place, and (I hate to admit this) I forgot about it.



Dana over at Dillightful Musings sent this Lovely Blog Award my way, because she's incredibly sweet that way (no, seriously - go check out her blog and you'll see what I mean).  And to show that appreciation, I am finally going to tell you the seven things about myself and nominate some other blogs for you to enjoy. :)
  1. I adore making lists.  Like, really.  It's so very satisfying to have it all so organized.
  2. My favorite flowers are daisies.  As Meg Ryan says in You've Got Mail, they're "such happy flowers."
  3. I am a huge fan of classic movies.  I think Audrey Hepburn is the classiest lady ever.  And Katharine Hepburn had the most wonderful attitude.  And Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart and Clark Gable are the epitome of gentlemanly chivalry. <sigh>
  4. I love crafting.  The discovery of something pretty among a pile of scraps is a truly thrilling experience.
  5. I have discovered that I define myself - at least, in part - by my relationships with the people around me.  I define myself as mom, wife, friend, employee.  That makes doing things like this a little difficult.
  6. I have really random taste in music.  My favorite playlists include everything from Enya to Garth Brooks to Frank Sinatra to Indigo Girls.
  7. When I was five, I decided I wanted to be a teacher.  When I was twelve, I told my Grandmother that I wanted to be a "professional mommy".  When I was sixteen, I decided I wanted a job in theater.  I find it amazingly awesome that I have managed to combine all three of those things in my job.
And now, that you know all about me, it's my turn to pass along this lovely award to some very deserving bloggers.  They are, in no particular accidentally alphabetical order:

Convivial Crafter - Loaded with tons of crafty ideas and tutorials, with a healthy dose of quirky. :)

Craig and Rhianna's Big Adventure - The on-going saga of one couple's journey through the adoption.

Maybe If You Just Relax - The life of one mom who has come through infertility, pregnancy, loss, and an extended term with the NICU, and still manages to find the humor in her world.


No comments:

Post a Comment