Saturday, June 23, 2012

Battles & Blessings

Battles:

  • Sleep.  Why hast thou forsaken me?
  • Patience. Fairly certain you left with sleep.
  • Trying to keep Miles entertained.  Difficult at best.
  • Naps became a rarity this week. Sigh.
  • Still mourning the loss of my job, even though it was my choice. :(
  • Energy level has been nil.  Miles' energy level, however, has been at an all-time high.
  • Miles' first dental appointment, which was a battle in every way possible.  I'll write about that tomorrow. . .

Blessings:

  • Dad & Grandpa visited yesterday.  I love watching my son drag my dad around the house. :)
  • Technology.  My son got a lot of screen time this week - some television, but mostly my smart phone and my Nook.  It's not necessarily good for him, but it has been a sanity saver.
  • Trains.  And knights on horseback.  Miles can actually play for 20-30 minutes alone with these two sets of toys.  My ability to get things done increased by a factor of ten.
  • Patrick was home all week!  No travel!!!
  • Date night Wednesday.  Saw Men in Black 3.  Pretty good movie.  The time with my hubby, though, was awesome.
  • Thunderstormy weather.  It calms Miles, and wraps me in a grey blanket of happy.  Bonus: Miles sleeps later when it's cloudy out!
  • Plans for awesome fun today with Patrick and Miles at the Maker Fair.  I'm excited to see what this has in store for us!
  • Plans for awesome fun tomorrow with Stacey at the movie theater.  We're going to see Brave.  I can't wait!!!
  • Time with my boys.  An energy surge Thursday morning that resulted in a fairly clean house.  Magazines.  Books.  The internet.  And all of those other wonderful resources that keep me from losing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment