Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Seriously, kid. Sleep!

This is what Miles' sleep schedule looks like lately:

8:30 pm - Bath
9:00 pmish - Bedtime
10:00 pmish - Miles actually falls asleep
10:30 or 11:00 - I finally get to sleep
6:30 am - Miles wakes up, full of energy.  I drag myself to the coffee pot.
1:00 or 2:00 or whenever - Miles FINALLY passes out for a nap.  I'm usually too tired to actually sleep.

Count up those hours. 8 hours at night. Anywhere from 1-3 hours for nap.  This mama needs 9 hours of sleep to function.  Without the naps, I'm getting about 7 hours.  Which means that I am constantly exhausted, trying desperately to keep up with a toddler (gah! I can't call him that much longer!) who seems to want nothing more than to run me ragged.

Well, kid, it's working.  Now, can I nap? Please?

*Note: We have tried to get him to bed earlier, but he won't sleep.  If we start putting him in bed any earlier, he screams and screams until he's actually tired - around 10.

**Also, for the first time ever I am hating summer, because the sun is up so early, and Miles is up with the sun.  Even our blackout curtains don't seem to help. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep in mind: Great Gp and Gp will be there Friday and we will run him ragged. Lol Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete