Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tasteful Thursdays

As part of my resolution to be healthier (and my secondary resolution to spend less money) this year, I have stepped outside of my comfort zone, and started trying to make at least one new dish per week.  Those of you who know me understand what a huge deal this is.  For those who don't, let's just say that I've met toddlers who are less picky than I am (Miles, for one. . .).  It's a big deal for me to try something new, much less cook something I may not like.  Anyhow, I've been doing it, and mostly, the recipes have been things I've either dreamed up on my own, or adapted from other places.  So, I'm going to share my recipes. Because, you know, I'm not 1950's housewife enough, yet. :)

This week's recipe:
Easy Chicken & Noodles
Ingredients:
1/2-1 lb chicken, diced (depends on how you like it - I use 1/2 lb, and save the other 1/2 for another meal)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 cup frozen broccoli (optional)
1 pkg wide egg noodles
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp rosemary
Garlic to taste (I like a lot, so I use about 2 tsp)

1) Mix everything except the noodles into a square casserole dish.  Cover.  Cook at 375 for 45 min
2) Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
3) Serve the chicken sauce over the noodles - you can mix them together, or let each person determine how much sauce they want.  I do the latter.

That's it.  Seriously.  And it is SO yummy that Miles has two helpings every time I make it.  I like to add the broccoli because we don't eat nearly enough veggies, so I sneak them in where I can.  And broccoli is scrumptious.  You could also consider adding 1 cup of shredded cheese, which would add a whole different level of flavor.

Anyhow, I've given you the basics.  Now, go try it out and make it your own! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment