Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fish

I have a thing about fish.  Namely, that they make terrible pets.  Fish are great in streams and ponds and rivers, or even on my plate (in very specific circumstances), but in a tank?  I don't get it.  To me, fish are decorations you have to feed.  Pretty decorations, maybe, but nothing more than that.  You can't pet them or cuddle them.  You can't teach them tricks.  Hell, they don't even have those goofy little balls to run around in.  They just .  . . swim.  In circles.  Repeatedly.

Boring.

I bring this up because Patrick and I were talking the other night, and we determined that the newborn stage of a baby's life?  It's a lot like having fish.  They're cute.  They're way more cuddly than a fish, but mostly, they're just cute.  They eat (a lot), sleep (but never long enough), and poop.  If you're very lucky, that's it.  If you're not, they also cry a lot.  Newborns are a really really cute decoration that require a ton of work.  Like salt-water fish, maybe.  But cuddlier.

Now, I have the best fish-baby ever, and I love her with all my heart.  I'm just looking forward to the interactive stage.  When she'll be more like a puppy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment