Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas

Today, I woke to an overcast sky, a house full of boxes, a sleepy toddler, and the realization that Christmas is only a few short days away.  My initial response, of course, was to panic.  Gifts to wrap! Stuff to bake!  Projects to do with Boy!  Brain overload! No time! No time!

And then, through the course of a calm, relaxed (yet, productive) rainy day, filled with music instead of TV and art projects instead of tantrums, my attitude has changed.

Christmas is this Sunday!!!  I get to spend time with family!  And watch Miles' face as he opens his gifts!  And decorate a Christmas tree!  And sing carols as lullabies!  And celebrate! And! And! And!

If you can't tell, I'm suddenly very excited for Christmas, and I plan to shove a month's worth of celebration into the next five days.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment