Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My kid may be slightly spoiled. . .

In preparation for our move in nine days (eep!), I spent Saturday cleaning, sorting, organizing, and packing Miles' toys.  I started by dumping everything he owned onto his bedroom floor.*


The scene was. . .overwhelming.


Really overwhelming.


Somehow, in his mere two years of life, Miles has managed to accumulate an un-godly amount of stuff.  Trucks.  Blocks.  Musical instruments. Action figures.  Stuffed animals.  Balls.  Stuff.  Most of it, he plays with for a few seconds, once in a great while.  A few things hold his attention for hours.  So, I made it my mission to separate the wheat from the chaff, as it were.  To choose a few things to keep out, a few things to store, and a few things to throw out.  I pumped the Christmas music, and buried myself in the chaos.

Two hours later, this was the scene in the bedroom:
       

And this was the box of toys to send into storage:

And the box bound for Goodwill:

All in all, a rather successful culling.  Now, for the rest of the house. <sigh>

*Thank God for Aunt Ninel for watching him during all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment