Thursday, December 29, 2011

Moom Moom.

It's no secret that Miles has discovered an absolute love for letters.  He points them out on signs while we're driving, and in books while we read.  He has a set of foam letters that he loves to go through over and over again, reciting each one in turn.  He walks around the house singing the alphabet song (without much of a tune, I'll admit), and counts things out using ABC's instead of 123's.

Yes, this child has an affinity for the written word. . .er, letter.

His current favorite book is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  We read it, on average, about eleventy-billion times a day.  And he has become so familiar with it that he likes to read along with parts of the book while Daddy or I read.  And now, he has begun to read it on his own.  The following is a fair representation of this book as read by Miles, age 2 years, 3 months:

"A ah B ah C [jibberish] tchee! [tree]
Wee! D F Gee [with a hard g, like in go]! Come H! Tchee!
I K! Tchee!
Hoo come? LM[mumble]P!
Coo [Q]! Aur! [R] S! T! V!
X Y Z! . . .Uhh-oh.
Moom. Moom.
[jibberish] Hug.  Dus' deh pance. [Dust their pants]"

And so on.  I have to say, it's pretty darn adorable.  Especially when he comes to me and says:

"Mom-mom! Book. Moom. Moom."

And my heart melts into my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment