Sunday, February 5, 2012

Battles & Blessings

It's been too long since I've done one of these.  And there were definitely lots of both this week.

Battles:

  • Damn two-year molars.  How I hate thee.  Why could you not have all come in at the same time?  No, you have to drag it out, and now Miles mouth is hurting so badly he can hardly chew.  Again.
  • Serious lack of motivation.  Thus the lack of blogging.  Or housecleaning.  Or anything productive.  Basically, I have increased the size of my posterior this week, and that's about it.
  • Grey, dreary days that make me want to stay in bed.
  • Insomnia.  It sucks.  Sleep, I love you.  Why do you elude me so?

Blessings:

  • During the past few days, when the molars have been wreaking havoc on the poor kid's mouth, Miles has been incredibly cuddly.  We spent all day Friday cuddled in my chair watching movies and snacking on popcorn.
  • Patrick has been incredibly helpful in taking over parenting duties when my body finally decides it's going to drop off to sleep.  In the middle of a game of tent with the toddler.  Seriously, one minute we're playing, the next I am out cold.  Weird.
  • At least there has been plenty to entertain me through my lack of motivation.  Television, internet, and Bejeweled, how I love thee.
  • Warm, spring-like weather early in the week led to lots of time playing outside.  Which led to nice long naps for Miles.  Always awesome.
  • Inspiration.  At least my insomnia is allowing weird late-night visits from the Muses.  I'll take it.
  • Our cat, Nikko, has finally accepted Miles.  It only took two years, but she will now actually approach him to be petted, rather than running from the room every time he enters.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment