Thursday, July 22, 2010

How to say good-bye?

Tuesday morning, my Grandma Joy passed away.

I don't really know what else there is to say about that. Especially since I haven't had time to process it yet, so it doesn't really feel real yet. Or maybe it's hard to realize that it just happened. I said my good-byes to her on Friday when she was awake and aware.

I don't really know yet. But tomorrow is the funeral. 3 hours away. And tomorrow night we open our Feaste. So, I'm not really sure how much grieving I'll be able to do with part of my brain going, "I only have x number of hours to get back." Plus, I'm certain part of my brain will be doing that whole, "Has Miles had enough to eat today? How do I allow him some play time throughout this horror of a day? Did I bring enough diapers?"

I'm a mess. Please ignore me for the next few days. I'm bound to be a big ol' bundle of bitch.

Because, you know, that's a great way to deal with the world, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment