Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Vicious Cycle

It's 1:00 pm, and I am absolutely wiped out already.  My to-do list is so long, I can barely see the end of it.  Last night, after Miles (finally) went to bed, I managed to check off two of the most urgent items before falling in bed somewhere just shy of 1:00 am.  I woke early this morning, in an effort to get more done, and managed to do a load of dishes before Miles awoke.  Then, we ran errands, as I fought to keep my child entertained and free from meltdowns.  Now, we're home, and he's napping, and all I want to do is fall asleep, too.  But my to-do list is still so very long, and if I nap, now, it will only get longer, and I will again be up late, fighting to make some progress.  And then, I'll feel the need to nap tomorrow, and fall further behind.

*sigh*

Sometimes, adult-hood sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment