Saturday, January 14, 2012

Perspective

Every once in awhile, as I sit here in my comfy brown chair, with my K-State blanket on, and the window open to reveal a beautiful morning, I realize just how lucky I am.

I live in a safe neighborhood, in a home that is more than sufficient for our needs.

I have a gorgeous kitchen, which I groan about cleaning, until I remember that it is stocked full of delicious food and all of the amenities to make it even more delicious.

I have a son who whines when he is sick, but I have access to some of the best medical care in the world telling me that this too shall pass.

I have a son that I waited for and prayed for and yearned for.  A son who is everything I could ever want in a child and more.

I have a husband who works his tail off to make sure that we have the best of everything, and then comes home to help with the housework.

I have friends who get it, and understand that the important things in life are experiences and people, not things.

I have family - by blood, by marriage, and by choice - who are always there when I need them.  No matter what.

I have a cat who makes me crazy when she interferes with my crafting or winds between my feet while I'm making dinner, but she is also one of the most loyal and affectionate cats I have ever met.

I have the internet, a wealth of knowledge and support at my fingertips, whenever I want it or need it.

I have an education that has helped me become the person I am today, even though it wasn't exactly the education I wanted to get, sometimes.

In this world, so many suffer.  So many struggle.  So many are hungry or broken or destitute.  And while I have plenty of minor inconveniences, I am blessed to not count myself among the many.

This world has been good to me.  And if you're reading this, it has been good to you, too.  Count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment