Saturday, May 19, 2012

Battles & Blessings

I am in great need of doing this today.  It has been a long, difficult week, and I need to remember all I am grateful for.

Battles:

  • My amazing Mother's Day weekend was mildly marred by the fact that our cat, Nikko, vomited all over all weekend.  She literally was not keeping anything down.  So, Monday morning found us in the vet's office for x-rays, and eventually surgery to remove some tulle she had eaten off of a project I had been remiss about putting away.  I was a wreck for much of the day picturing every little thing that could go wrong.
  • I'm weaning off my Zoloft.  No lightheadedness or dizziness or the like (knock-on-wood), but I have been highly irritable and cranky, and I alternately ignore the world and gripe them out.  For comparison's sake, I feel about as in-control of my emotions as I did when I was 8 months pregnant.  And for those that don't know me, anything that flies through my head continues right out the mouth.  Usually without censorship.  Bad combination.
  • Cranky Mommy = Cranky Miles.  'Nuff said. 
  • Patrick had to fly out of town again for work on Wednesday, and returned late late last night.  
  • Trying to get Ruby titled and tagged properly.  Between cat surgeries, cranky mommy, cranky toddler, and out-of-town hubby, it's been a challenge.

Blessings:

  • Nikko is fine.  In fact, by Tuesday morning, I was already yelling at her to stop clawing the carpet.  Which is to say that she was more-or-less back to normal.
  • Miles has been particularly careful with Nikko.  It's awesome to see how considerate a two-year-old tornado really can be.
  • The worst of the withdrawal symptoms seem to still be at bay.
  • I have been reminded how awesome my friends are for putting up with my mouth, and how they're unafraid to tell me when I've become mean-spirited.  That level of trust is comforting.
  • My husband actually appreciates the snark that comes out of my mouth occasionally.  So long as it doesn't cross the line into bitchiness.
  • Miles has been awesome.  Just. . . yeah.  He's awesome.
  • Also, Miles had daycare twice this week instead of once.  It's the end of the school year, so it was a special thing.  But I don't know how I would have managed without it.
  • Overall, Patrick was only out of town for about 50ish hours.  It could have been much worse.
  • I have family, friends, and coworkers who support me unconditionally.  I was reminded this week of how blessed I really am in this area.
  • For all of his wildness and obstinate two-year-old-ness, Miles is the best thing that I've ever done.  He is kind-hearted, considerate, polite, and truly loving toward everyone he meets.  I cannot believe I have been entrusted with this amazing little person.

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky to have that little man. We are all lucky to have him in our lives! Keep counting those blessings!

    ReplyDelete