Thursday, January 28, 2010

Self-Indulgence

I know you only came here to read about Miles, but since it's my blog, I'm going to write about me for a change. :)

So far, this trying to do it all is working, but I'm exhausted. When I work, I divide my time between trying to finish twice as much in half the time and taking care of Miles. So far, our workload has been kinda light, but I'm not sure how long that will last. When I'm at home, I am juggling Miles, cleaning the house, helping out Patrick, and trying to carve out a bit of "me" time. I've also taken on a theater project, which is incredibly exciting, but a little daunting, as well. Especially once our Festival season gets up and running. To be perfectly honest, there are days when I feel totally overwhelmed.

Today is not one of those days. Today, I feel capable of taking over the world, of having it all. Today, I think I may just be able to pull off this whole Mommy-on-the-go thing.

Which is good, since there's no turning back now! :)

And the most surprising thing of all: I LOVE my life right now. Even when I feel overwhelmed, I cannot imagine being happier than I am at this moment. I have a comfortable home, a job I adore, friends who are always there for me, a husband who is loving and supportive beyond measure, a son whose smile takes my breath away.

. . . a son who is waking up. Time to go and drink him in while he's awake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment