Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sleep Deprivation Makes You Stupid

Yeah, I think that about says it all, really.

Miles woke up at about 4:30 this morning, and was just laying there, happily playing with his feet. He had done this the night before, and just gone straight back to sleep, so I thought no big deal.

Yeah. An hour and a half, a bottle, and lots of crying and flailing later, he was still awake. And now, he was pissed about it.

Finally, I realized that he may need a diaper change. Miles is the only infant I've ever seen who gets REALLY upset when his diaper isn't clean. (I'm hoping this will make for easier potty-training, but who knows. . .) Sure enough, the poor kid had a dirty diaper the whole time. I got him all cleaned up, and the crying stopped. I felt so bad, I let him snuggle in bed with me for the rest of the morning.

Well, until my phone alerted me that I had a new e-mail at 8:00, since I forgot to turn the sound off last night. . .

Now, Miles is napping peacefully on the couch next to me, unaware that the day ahead is going to be filled with adventures. On our to-do list for the day:

- Try rice cereal for the first time. He's been eating constantly for two weeks, and seems really interested in "real" food, so we're going to give it a whirl. I have a feeling I'm about to end up covered in goo again. . . which is the reason for:

- Bath time! Miles' cradle cap goes away like magic after every bath (and a treatment of baby oil), but is back by the next day. We're going to try bathing more often to see if that helps, though I may decide to back off if I find that it's drying his skin out too much.

- Pick up his crib! It arrived at the store on Wednesday. It's all paid for and everything (thanks to the awesomeness of friends and family who gave us Wal-Mart gift cards as baby gifts!). All we have to do is pick it up and assemble it. . . oh, and figure out where to put it. . . :)


I'd better take advantage of his nap time to catch some snoozes myself! G'night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment