Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snot Monster

Miles has his first cold. :(

His nose has been congested (and runny) off and on for almost two weeks, but it wasn't bad, and he didn't have any other symptoms, so we didn't really worry too much about it.* Then, yesterday, he started coughing as well, and his nose is so stuffy that he's having a hard time eating and sleeping. The poor kid couldn't sleep for more than two hours at a stretch last night because he kept waking up to cough or sneeze. I finally brought him into bed with me, and propped his head up on my arm. Thus elevated, he slept for almost 4.5 hours before waking to eat, and the rest of the night went ok.

He's been up and happy and playful all day,** so far, so I'm not too worried. I called the doctor to see if I should bring him in, and was told that it's probably nothing to worry about. But, we scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning, just to make sure.

I know it's not that bad, and it could be a lot worse, but it breaks my heart to see him suffer, even a little. Hopefully, the doctor will tell us that nothing is wrong, and that he will be better in a couple of days.

Until then, I will cuddle him and try to find the nose-sucker. (Ewww.)

I'm sure this whole thing was caused by his lack of socks. ;)

*I know, hand me the mother of the year award.

**Though, he's been very, very clingy. I had to put him in the sling just to finish my housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment