Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Day Without Miles :(

Today, I had to go help solve an emergency costume situation. Rather than trying to entertain Miles while we were out and about, Patrick chose to stay at home with him. I left by noon, while Miles was napping, and didn't return until 9:30pm, when he was getting ready for bed. I came home to a happy, smiling baby, and wonderful stories about games played, songs sung, and Miles trying to pull up on his toys! I got to feed him his final bottle, then held him for awhile as he fell asleep.

And I realized once more how lucky I am. Because I have a wonderful husband who is an amazing father. Because I have the freedom to go help with situations when they arise. But, mostly, because I so rarely have to be away from my son. As exhausting as he can be from time to time, I am so blessed to be able to witness his handsome smile as he wakes up every morning, and to watch his eyelashes flutter as he falls asleep every night. I love playing with him, watching him grow, and learn. I love holding him, and patting him, and even just being around him.

There will always be days when I get tired. There will be days that I need a break. But every day, I will be thankful that I am able to be with my son as much as I am. Because the alternative is heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment