Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hang On for the Ride!

I feel like we are at the top of the first hill of an outrageous roller coaster ride called the Festival. This week, we began the audition and casting process, and from here on out, it's going to be a crazy ride.

And all the while, Miles is right there in the middle of it, smiling and keeping the rest of us from screaming. :)

Yesterday, we had a meeting to discuss the course of our Festival this year. In most places I've worked, the word "meeting" has made me groan in disgust. Festival meetings, however, are actually kinda fun. We met at 10:00, and Carrie, my wonderful boss, had prepared a little "nosh" for us - scrambled egg cups, fruit, scones, donuts. We sat on couches, and ate and talked, while Miles played on his blanket on the floor. We talked business, but since our business is fun, it was really not bad at all.

Most important for me, though, was that last night was the audition for the children's group I am directing this year. I spent the entire day feeling like I was going to throw up from anxiety. I've never been the one who had to make casting decisions, so I had no idea how stressful it is.

But, all is well. I have a cast list!

And it's time for work! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment