Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Miles would like to say, "Aahh Dadadadadada baah pfft!" Loosely translated, it means "Happy Father's Day!"*

As for me, I would like to say the same to all of the 'fathers' in my life. I love you all!

Mostly, though, I'd like to say Happy Father's Day to my dear husband. Almost nine months ago, you became a father when this handsome little bundle joined us.



Since then, you have proven yourself to be an amazing Daddy. You play with Miles on the floor, nomming his belly, or crawling away from him so he will chase you, both of you giggling hysterically. You turn diaper-changing time into a show, your crazy faces and high-pitched voices distracting him and turning the whole (sometimes disgusting) process into a positive, bonding time. You rock him to sleep, singing softly, turning classic rock songs into lullabies. His face lights up when you walk in the door at night, already blowing raspberries at him to make him laugh with delight. You are possibly his favorite person in the entire world. And that's saying something, since this kid likes almost everyone (a trait I'm certain he inherited from you).

But more than that, you are an excellent Daddy because you take such good care of not only Miles, but his mommy. I cannot count the number of nights that you have taken the 3:00 am feeding so that I can stay in bed. Or the number of evenings that you have taken Miles and entertained him so that I can have a few moments to myself to breathe. Or the countless times you have comforted me after a bad day, and laughed with me after a wonderful day. Somehow, you work eight hours (often more) a day, and still muster** the energy to come home and work and play and take care of us. You are often the first one up, and most nights, you are the last to bed. I can never express how much you mean to both of us.

Happy Father's Day, Love.


*I think . . . We'll just go with it. :)

**Oh, dear. I've started the condiment joke strain, haven't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment