Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Putting the "Home" in Stay-at-Home-Mom

I just realized, I may not have told you something relatively important.

I'm not working right now.

It's a long story, but basically, they can't afford to pay me until July. So, I'm here at home enjoying the stay-at-home part of being a stay-at-home-mom.

Again, not that I'm home all the time. In the past couple of weeks, we've taken walks around the neighborhood. We've been to the park a couple of times. We've been to the grocery store, and the fabric store.

But, really, for the most part, we've been home. A lot. And surprisingly, I LOVE it. It's so much less stressful to be at home, where I can set my own schedule. If Miles is having a rough day, it's okay to put off some of the housework. Or to not blog for a day. Or whatever.

I am really finding that housework can be very enjoyable (if not far more complicated) when there's a baby underfoot. Vacuuming has become a game where Miles will chase the vacuum across the floor. He sits in his high chair and noms on lunch while I do dishes. He climbs my legs while I wipe down counters. I'm starting to feel like we're hitting our stride together. I can finally do the things I want and need to do without ignoring him or waiting for his naps.

And I'm finding that I'm less stressed. I have few deadlines, and most of those are self-imposed. There are no phones ringing off the hook constantly. Some days, the phone never rings at all. My house is cleaner. My blood pressure is probably lower. I'm spending less money on gas and food. And I'm spending more time with my son.

I could definitely get used to this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment