This is the little bundle of energy we adopted this weekend. He is a Dauschund-Beagle mix, and it's not hard to tell. He has the face and markings of a beagle, but his body is all dauschund.
His name is Dominic Deagle. And props to your nerdiness if you get the joke.*
So far, here is what we know about the little guy:
- He travels well in the car. On our way back home last night, he curled up on the floor of the van and slept the entire way.
- He loves to go for walks, and never pulls. Until he sees a squirrel. Then, he points, and gets really confused when you want to keep walking instead of chasing the squirrel.
- Our place is surrounded by squirrels.
- He is intelligent - five hours after getting him and changing his name, he was already beginning to respond to it.
- Someone loved him once. He is house-trained and wants to sleep in the bed.
- He plays fetch. And he usually brings it back.
- He loves Miles. That's why he came home with us.
*If not, google Dominic Deegan for a delightfully cute webcomic.