Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.  Mostly because it's impossible to commercialize like Christmas, but also, because it's a welcome reminder to count my blessings.  So, on this most glorious of holidays, I am thankful for:

Miles.  I cannot imagine my life without that crazy little monster who makes me want to pull my hair out one minute, and then gives me a kiss the next.  He is so amazing in so many ways, and I don't know how I've made it this far in my life without him.

Patrick.  He is my rock.  My other half.  My teammate, and my friend.  I am so incredibly blessed to have such a loving, forgiving, affectionate, and intellectual husband.  And after being together for almost 12 years, he still makes my heart flutter when he walks in the room.

My friends.  They have been here for me through thick and thin, always giving of themselves, lending a hand whenever I need it.  Often, I don't even know I need it until they offer.  These are the people that share my secrets, and my adventures.  People that I trust implicitly, even with my precious child.  People who laugh with me, cry with me, and support me in so many, many ways.

My family.  I could list each of them out, and say a million wonderful things about each of them, but then this post would go on for a hundred pages.  They have been there for me, whenever I needed anything.  I can call them anytime, and I know they will be there.  And more than anything, they are the ones who taught me about unconditional love.  Because I know I'm hard to love sometimes, but that never mattered to any of them.

My job.  As awful and difficult as it can be some days, it also has provided me with more opportunities that I would have ever imagined.  Opportunities to grow as an actress.  Opportunities to meet people I would never have met otherwise.  Opportunities to perform for huge crowds, and to touch people on a very individual level.  But more importantly, it has offered me the opportunity to become a better person.  Under the guidance of Maestro, I have learned to appreciate the talents of people that are difficult to love, and by doing so, I have come to love them.  I have learned patience, and the importance of tact.  I have learned to speak the truth with kindness, to temper its unkind nature.  And I have learned, once more, to trust in God, for He has a plan for each of us.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, and take the time today to count your blessings.  You may find you are luckier than you could have ever believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment