1) I am neurotic about keeping my fingernails clean. Any little speck of dirt makes me nuts. If I need something random to do with my hands, I'll probably be cleaning my fingernails.
2) I have to work really hard to keep my thoughts to myself. Sometimes, they're not very nice, and other times, I just know they're going to come out wrong no matter what, even if they're meant in a nice way.
3) I am not very good at number 2.
4) I really enjoy cooking, and especially baking, but I rarely get the chance. I don't do anything fancy, and I have several friends who are far better at both, so I'm quite self-conscious about sharing my goodies. I still do it, but I'm always worried they'll hate it.
5) Despite my best efforts, things rarely go the way I plan them.
6) I have deleted my ideas for this one four times because they were a) cheesy and b) oversimplified my appreciation of my blessings.
7) I collect antique books - especially Shakespeare.
8) I love living here, but I miss living close to family.
9) I feel a little smug about the fact that I have awesome in-laws. :)
10) I used to read 2-3 books a week. Since Miles was born, I think I've only finished 3 books, total, though I've started several. I just never seem to have enough time to devote to books anymore.
11) Miles is as stubborn as me, and even though that makes him really difficult some days, a small part of me is proud of him for not giving up on things.
12) I'm finding it far more difficult to write about myself than I thought it would be. I could easily write 25 things about Miles, though. :)
13) Though it is incredibly stressful and time-consuming, I love working for the Renaissance Festival. I have had the opportunity to meet and get to know so many talented performers.
14) I worry about my friends and family constantly. I am always afraid that something terrible is going to happen to one of them, and I won't be there to help them through it.
15) Despite my "don't mess with me" attitude, I'm really very sensitive. I will usually take whatever criticism or insults someone decides to give with a straight face, but when they're not around anymore, I will cry about it for an hour, and it will bother me for weeks (or longer).
16) I am very protective of my family - both blood and chosen, and I would go to the ends of the earth for any one of them.
17) I am a firm believer that there are two types of family - the type that you're born into, and the type you choose for yourself. I am lucky enough to have both.
18) I love to do crafty things, but I haven't had much time since Miles was born.
19) I paint. Mostly non-objective alien cloud-looking things. I am more than willing to share my artwork, but I don't do it for the purpose of sharing. I do it because it is therapeutic.
20) I am a morning person, provided that I get enough sleep. I have not been a morning person for 14 months. :)
21) I love theatricality and stories. If the story is good, or even if it's just very theatrical, I will be enthralled by it until the end. Even if it's badly written/acted/whatever.
22) I really don't understand people. I find it really difficult to get inside their heads, even if I know them really well. I do, however, have a great intuition about what people will like.
23) My least favorite household chore is laundry. My favorite is cooking.
24) I adore hats, and if it was up to me, hats would still be common-place for both men and women.
25) I love classic movies - especially from the Cary Grant/Audrey Hepburn era. Movies were so much more . . . innocent.