Thursday, December 9, 2010

25 Somethings

Okay, so I did this for Facebook, and I realized that some of my readers may not know these things either.  Enjoy!


1) I am neurotic about keeping my fingernails clean.  Any little speck of dirt makes me nuts.  If I need something random to do with my hands, I'll probably be cleaning my fingernails.

2) I have to work really hard to keep my thoughts to myself.  Sometimes, they're not very nice, and other times, I just know they're going to come out wrong no matter what, even if they're meant in a nice way.

3) I  am not very good at number 2.

4) I really enjoy cooking, and especially baking, but I rarely get the chance.  I don't do anything fancy, and I have several friends who are far better at both, so I'm quite self-conscious about sharing my goodies.  I still do it, but I'm always worried they'll hate it.

5) Despite my best efforts, things rarely go the way I plan them.

6) I have deleted my ideas for this one four times because they were a) cheesy and b) oversimplified my appreciation of my blessings.

7) I collect antique books - especially Shakespeare.

8) I love living here, but I miss living close to family.

9) I feel a little smug about the fact that I have awesome in-laws. :)

10) I used to read 2-3 books a week.  Since Miles was born, I think I've only finished 3 books, total, though I've started several.  I just never seem to have enough time to devote to books anymore.

11) Miles is as stubborn as me, and even though that makes him really difficult some days, a small part of me is proud of him for not giving up on things.

12) I'm finding it far more difficult to write about myself than I thought it would be.  I could easily write 25 things about Miles, though. :)

13) Though it is incredibly stressful and time-consuming, I love working for the Renaissance Festival.  I have had the opportunity to meet and get to know so many talented performers.

14) I worry about my friends and family constantly.  I am always afraid that something terrible is going to happen to one of them, and I won't be there to help them through it.

15) Despite my "don't mess with me" attitude, I'm really very sensitive.  I will usually take whatever criticism or insults someone decides to give with a straight face, but when they're not around anymore, I will cry about it for an hour, and it will bother me for weeks (or longer).

16) I am very protective of my family - both blood and chosen, and I would go to the ends of the earth for any one of them.

17) I am a firm believer that there are two types of family - the type that you're born into, and the type you choose for yourself.  I am lucky enough to have both.

18) I love to do crafty things, but I haven't had much time since Miles was born.

19) I paint.  Mostly non-objective alien cloud-looking things.  I am more than willing to share my artwork, but I don't do it for the purpose of sharing.  I do it because it is therapeutic.

20) I am a morning person, provided that I get enough sleep.  I have not been a morning person for 14 months. :)

21) I love theatricality and stories.  If the story is good, or even if it's just very theatrical, I will be enthralled by it until the end.  Even if it's badly written/acted/whatever.

22) I really don't understand people.  I find it really difficult to get inside their heads, even if I know them really well.  I do, however, have a great intuition about what people will like.

23) My least favorite household chore is laundry.  My favorite is cooking.

24) I adore hats, and if it was up to me, hats would still be common-place for both men and women.

25) I love classic movies - especially from the Cary Grant/Audrey Hepburn era.  Movies were so much more . . . innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment