Saturday, December 18, 2010

Battles & Blessings


Battles:


  • We have just completed Molar Teething Week #4.  And I am so over it.  I am so tired of my baby being in pain that I can't fix for him.
  • Monday was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  Napping did not occur.  Screaming did.  By the end of the day, both Miles and I were exhausted and needed a break from one another.  Did it make me feel like a Bad Mommy?  Yes.  But, I would have felt like a Worse Mommy if I had lost my temper at Miles.
  • Miles' nap schedule has been wonky this week.  I only managed to get things done when I decided that he was going to have to sleep in between the errands I needed to run.  I spent a lot of time sitting in the car in a parking lot, playing games on my phone, and waiting for him to wake up.  But at least he slept, and I got a break, which was better than the alternative.
  • Visa had another leak, which included our debit cards, so they were deactivated.  I have been without a debit card all week, and it sucks.
  • I had nine-bazillion things to accomplish this week.  I have accomplished a grand total of three of them.
Blessings:
  • Patrick has been incredibly supportive, even when all I want to do is scream.  He has continually encouraged me to take a few minutes to myself, even when that means that he gives up his time to field Miles.  I am the luckiest woman alive to have him.
  • Even though he's in pain, Miles is still trying to be his up-beat, happy self.  This week was full of frustration and screaming, but it also saw tons of snuggling.  Plus: my first real hug from my son.  Where he stood up, wrapped his arms around my neck, and held on for dear life.  Best.Thing.Ever.
  • The opportunity to perform again, and to portray a historical woman whom I have come to admire.  History is filled with stories, and this woman had some great ones.  I am honored to be chosen to share them this afternoon.
  • Hot cocoa on cold nights.
  • Tiny pea coats.  For boys.  That fit.
  • Quiet moments alone with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment