Saturday, April 30, 2011

Battles & Blessings

Battles:
  • Dreary weather that sapped my energy for much of the week.
  • Lack of sleep.  Which could, conceivably, have contributed to my lack of energy . . . Nah, it must have been the weather. :)
  • Food poisoning from dinner on Thursday, and an all-day headache on Friday.  Seriously, I'd love to get through a whole week without being sick.
  • The beginning of time-outs.  Just for toys, so far, but already, they bring The Tantrums.  Yipe.
  • Miles has begun to test the limits of: his abilities, his behavior, and my sanity.
  • Picking him up to do something he doesn't want to do leads to the introduction of the heavy, wriggling, slippery jello-creature.  Normal, but annoying.
Blessings:
  • My toddler is normal.  I have to keep remembering that these tantrums and assertions of independence are normal toddler behaviors.  And that's a good thing in the end.  God grant me the patience to survive it, though. :)
  • A lovely day at work on Tuesday, and a lovely day of adventures with my son on Thursday.  All in all, it could have been a much worse week. 
  • Patrick.  He is so patient, and supportive.  He has done bedtime every night this week, even though I know he's tired.
  • Portrait Club membership that allow me to get Miles' pictures taken as often as I like.  I've already gone twice this month . . . 
  • Dominic, who has saved my sanity on more than one occasion this week.
  • A workplace that allows (and encourages) my son to come along, and accepts all that he brings with him (i.e. chaos, destruction, screaming tantrums, etc.)
  • Internet friends. 
  • Friends I know 'in real life'. :)
  • Craigslist for its integral role in ridding our home of more useless junk. :)
  • Reese's Puffs cereal.  So.freaking.good.  
  • Hot tea. Warm blanket.  Cuddly dog.
  • Unexpected cuddle naps with my boy. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment