Saturday, February 5, 2011

Battles & Blessings

Battles:

  • Snowmageddon.
  • Have I mentioned that I hate snow?
  • We haven't left the house in five days.  Cabin fever is rampant.  We will get out today.
  • Sleep issues that came out of nowhere.  Blargh.  So frustrating.
  • Clingy, cranky toddler.  Part of it is probably cabin fever, but I wonder if he's sick, too?
  • Complete lack of motivation paired with exhaustion.  I haven't accomplished anything this week. :(
  • Miles' eczema.  It's flaring up again, even though we've been really careful about avoiding dairy.
  • The pull of the television.  I hate having it on a lot, but frankly, I don't have the energy for much more.  
  • The lack of a Stacey.  She's house-sitting for a friend, and I am definitely missing her company.  And her help with the dishes. :)
Blessings:

  • Patrick.  Yep, same as always.  Without his support, I couldn't manage.  Especially on weeks like this.
  • Miles has been way more interactive lately.  He is using a combination of signs and vocalizations to communicate, and has figured out how to ask for a lot of different things.  And when we sing songs, he either dances like crazy, or attempts to copy the hand motions I do.  He loves this so much that he always applauds afterward.
  • Great conversations with great friends.  
  • NPR.  We always turn the radio in Miles' room to public radio for naptime.  For the first time in awhile, I actually feel well-versed on what's going on in the world.  Yay!  Input!
  • Sesame Street.  Oh, how I've missed you.
  • The prospect of a couple of hours out of the house by myself (even if it is to go grocery shopping), followed by a quiet evening, and fun-filled Commercial Party tomorrow.*
Have a great weekend!

*It's just irritating that they keep interrupting our commercials with some weird sports thing.  Jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment