Saturday, February 12, 2011

Battles & Blessings

Battles:

  • Oww, goodness.  I had my first migraine yesterday morning.  I nearly puked.  It was awful.  The end.
  • I've just been feeling "blah" all week.  It sucks.  I'm not outright sick, so there's no reason to hole up in bed, but I just don't feel 100%.
  • I have a serious case of Apathy.  Stuff needs to be done? Just don't care. Blah.
  • Naps.  What once was peaceful has re-entered the realm of hellish.  I think he's trying to switch to one nap, but he has a hard time sleeping for more than an hour at a time, so he ends up sleepy later in the day anyway.  Aargh.  Why won't my kid just sleep?
  • Nap craziness = cranky toddler.  Oh joy of joys.
  • Eczema.  It has returned with a vengeance, and we don't know why.  So, now we get to take him to a dermatologist.  Poor kid.  He is itchy and red and covered in splotchy-bumpy rashes.  And nothing I do seems to help. :(
Blessings:

  • Patrick.  Yep.  You knew that would be there at the top again.  He went in late to work yesterday to field The Boy while I tried to not to die from the Migraine of Doom.  Even though he has a major project due.
  • Despite his cranky, rashy, sleeplessness, Miles has actually been a lot of fun this week.  And taking him out in public with me makes me realize how incredibly well-behaved he is for his age.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing son.
  • The beginning of pretend play.  I love my little fire-breathing dragon. :)
  • Toddler crafts.  Oh my cookies, but this child loves to paint.  And I love displaying his artwork on the fridge.  I feel like a real mom, now. :)
  • Time with friends.  Thursday's Shakespeare Night was a howling success, and exactly what I needed to de-stress.
  • The opportunity to meet other moms in the area.  A bunch of us from my mommy forums are getting together for an outing this morning, and then going out for dinner tonight, sans kids.  I am really looking forward to it. :)
  • I know I keep saying this, but honestly, Stacey is such a blessing in our lives.  I hope she knows just how much I appreciate her help, and just how much of my sanity she has managed to save. (And I know you're reading this, so seriously: Thank you!)
  • The promise of warmer weather, even if it's only for a couple of days.  I really need the sunshine.
  • The library.  Oh, how I've missed you.  Sorry about that fine from two years ago that I just paid, but I've changed.  I'm a better person, now.  I promise I'll never abandon you again. Love and hugs and stuff.
  • This blog, and all of my mommy forums.  It is so nice to have a place where I can be honest about my short-comings, and find out that I am not alone.  To each and every person who reads this: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment