Saturday, June 4, 2011

Battles & Blessings

Battles:
  • The van went into the shop, so we had to make do without it for the better part of the week.
  • Too much to do, too little time.
  • Tracy is pregnant, nauseous, and job-hunting, so Patrick and I are on our own for Special Olympics. Eek.
Blessings:
  • Short week.  Hurray for Memorial Day.
  • Lots of yummy food, cooked with fresh produce from the farmers' market.
  • Beautiful weather.
  • Help at the office from two very sweet young gentlemen.
  • An opportunity to tutor a young lady I work with.  It's nice to flex my teaching muscles again.
  • Feeling needed at home, and at work.
  • A mommy-friend who always seems to have it all together finally let her guard down with me and admitted that it was hard work to be a mom.  I'm not happy she's struggling, but I am happy that she feels comfortable sharing it with me.
  • A husband I adore, and a son who lights up the world when he smiles.  They will always be my biggest blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment