Saturday, January 8, 2011

Battles & Blessings

Battles:

  • I have been ridiculously tired this week.  It didn't help that I couldn't manage to get an uninterrupted night of sleep from Friday through Wednesday.  Miles still has his normal crazy energy, and for some reason, Dominic has gone entirely bonkers and needs tons of playtime.
  • We're trying a new nap routine in an effort to put an end to the screaming that generally precedes each one.  Being consistent has been difficult, especially on days when he starts falling asleep easier than usual.
  • We try to get out of the house every day, but the days this week have still seemed rather long.  I'm crazy, but I miss being just a little busier.


Blessings:

  • Coffee.  In large quantities.  I want to snuggle with my coffee maker.  Seriously.
  • Our return to routine has actually gone far more smoothly than I had dared to hope.
  • The nap routine seems to be working, for the most part.  Since Monday, we have only had two difficult nap times - and both resulted in a decent nap.  It's too soon (and I'm too superstitious) to believe that it's going to last, but for the first time ever, I haven't dreaded naptime this week.
  • Toddler gym.
  • Lunch with Maestro to discuss upcoming projects. :)
  • Miles' rash is finally clearing up.  We've been struggling with eczema since the week before Christmas, so this is a big deal.
  • Patrick chopped his hair off.  He is so adorable with short hair.  I had forgotten exactly how much I like his short hair. 
  • Miles has been so silly and fun this week.  And actually helpful with simple tasks (like taking laundry out of the dryer).  It's exciting.
  • Visits with friends who are family, and the promise of visits from family who are also friends.
  • Tangled.  The newest Disney movie.  Go see it.  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment