Saturday, January 22, 2011

Battles & Blessings

Battles:
  • It snowed.  Again.  Ick.
  • Stuck inside with a rambunctious toddler.  Because of the snow.  Ick.
  • Fighting off the ickie-sickies all week.  Nothing yet, but I feel it.  Ick.
  • I hate snow. Ick.
  • Poo-splosions.  Ick.
  • Zero motivation.  To do anything.  Ick.
  • Have I mentioned it snowed?  And how I hate the snow?  Ick.
Blessings:
  • Toddler kisses, out of the blue, for no apparent reason.
  • A dog who puts up with anything.  Even toddler fingers up the nose.
  • 12 years with my amazing husband. :)
  • Working with Miles and Olivia (my boss's granddaughter) playing underfoot.
  • Stacey.  Just everything about her.  She babysat for our date night (which ended up being at home because the roads were gross), and went to the store for diapers when the roads were icky, and came to pick up Miles so I could go to an appointment.  And she does the dishes every.single.morning.  I'm starting to wonder how we ever survived without her.
  • Shakespeare nights.  Even when we never actually get around to reading Shakespeare.
  • Dear friends who have become family, and family that I am lucky enough to call friends.
  • Naps.  Miles is taking them.  Finally.  I could jump for joy at the amount of time I am getting to myself every day, now.  It's amazing.
What have your battles and blessings been this week?

1 comment:

  1. Encouraging! Thanks for sharing!! Let Stacey know she can come over anytime and do my dishes too! lol! You are blessed!!

    ReplyDelete