Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cabin Fever

I hate being stuck inside.

Correction: I love being stuck inside, by myself, with an endless supply of cocoa and good books.  I hate being stuck inside with an active toddler who is easily bored.

So far, we have played with his Duplos, played in the tent, played crawling chase games and tickle wars, wrestled with his teddy bear, chased the dog, eaten breakfast, rolled and jumped on the bed, watched TV, pushed toys around in the wagon, chased the dog again, played with magnets, and loaded the dishwasher.  And he went down for his morning nap.  It's 10:00 am.  Which means I have roughly 7 more hours until Stacey gets home from work, and up to 9 hours before Patrick gets home.

How am I ever going to entertain him?

I would take him out somewhere, but the wind chill is a toe-numbing -8 degrees.    Eek.  No way do I want him out in that.  Especially since the roads are still a little yucky from all the snow.  And the drivers around here are notorious for freaking out over even the least bit of precipitation.  No, unfortunately, it's safer all around to just stay indoors.  Again.  And try not to go completely insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment