Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cookies

With Miles' incredible delight in making his own toast, I decided to try some other cooking tasks with him.  I probably should have started with snack mix or something, but silly me, I went straight for the cookies.

Monday morning, during Miles' first nap, I got out all of the ingredients, and set them out on the table with a bowl.  After lunch, we set to work.  I would measure out the ingredients, and Miles would dump them in to the bowl.  Then, I would measure the next ingredient, while Miles "stirred" the contents of the bowl with a big plastic spoon (this usually meant beating at its surface, but whatever).  When everything was in the bowl, we put the bowl into the stand mixer, and turned it on.  He watched it carefully, but didn't touch.  Eventually, we put it in the refrigerator to set.

Tuesday afternoon we set to cutting the dough into stars.  I would place the cookie cutter, and Miles would push it down.  He would do three or four, then get down and go play for awhile.  At the end of the day, we were rewarded with a full cookie jar. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment