Saturday, March 19, 2011

Battles & Blessings

Battles:
  • Finally admitting to my anxiety, so I can begin getting help.  It's hard.  I am so afraid of being the crazy one in the room.  Of being told to just suck it up.  Of people wanting to talk about it at length.  Or, alternately, people ignoring it altogether.
  • Thursday just kinda sucked.  We tried to go to the park, but it was a complete disaster.  Miles only napped for 40 minutes.  He was whiny and clingy all afternoon.  Then, he fell asleep in the car, making it impossible for me to help our friends with moving.  It's like Tuesday decided to bide its time and show up two days late.
  • Dealing with Dominic's separation anxiety.  It's so hard to know how to deal with it.  
  • Allergy season has begun.  Blargh.  And Miles seems to be having issues this year.  Double blargh.
  • Being tied down to Miles' sleep schedule has been particularly difficult this week.  I have missed out on several things I really wanted to do because it interfered with nap time.  Usually, it doesn't bother me much, but this week it has.
  • Teething.  Seriously?  Are these damn things ever going to come in?  Or are they simply going to sit there, just below the surface (or barely through) for eternity?  Miles is hurting.  Come on teeth, give the kid a break.
Blessings:
  • I have a plan for getting rid of my panic attacks.  This is a good thing.
  • Patrick has been ridiculously supportive, as always.  
  • Waking up to daisies (my favorite) on the kitchen table, because my hubby likes to surprise me. :)
  • In spite of teething and everything else, Miles has been really sweet this week.  He has spent a lot of time sitting with me, just cuddling.  Pure mommy bliss.
  • Beautiful weather.  Mmmm, it feels good to be outside again.
  • Dominic has apparently officially decided that Miles is his boy.  Every time Miles leaves, the dog sits and worries until he returns.  Even if it's only for a few minutes, and someone else stays here with the dog.  And the way Miles giggles when Dominic plays with him is so wonderful.
  • Friends, family, and complete internet strangers that offer their support when I need it most.  You all rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment