Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Comfort

I started my new medication Friday night.

Saturday, I woke up feeling dizzy, and nauseous, and disconnected.  All expected side effects, but still not very pleasant.  While Patrick and Miles prepared for their day, I made myself a nest on the couch and settled in for a day of television.  Truth be told, I felt pretty awful.  I didn't want to move.  In fact, all I wanted to do was curl up and cry.  As though the panic attacks weren't bad enough, the medications made me feel horrible.  It just wasn't fair.

And then, Miles crawled up on the couch with me.  He sat down against me, and held my hand, stroking my fingernails, and occasionally squeezing my hand.  He stayed there for half an hour, barely moving, just holding my hand quietly.  As though he knew exactly what Mommy needed.

1 comment:

  1. awwww thats so sweet. *head explodes from the cute* yeah finding the right meds is hard. ive never been on anything on a regular basis i just take something when i have an attack. in those instances dissconnected and kinda dopey IS better. but i cant imagine taking it every day and feeling that way all the time. maybe if this doesnt work you can do somethin like i do :0)....oh and now i know what your next step was so ignore previous comment on the other post....well cept for the part where i hugged you. dont ignore that part :0)

    ReplyDelete