Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Work + Toddler = Hilarity and Mess

If you didn't know this already, I am a working mom, who takes my son to work.

Yesterday, that combination was amusingly difficult.  As you can imagine, it can be that way, from time to time, what with having a toddler in an office environment.  But hey, I like a challenge.

Honestly, Miles was perfectly well behaved for most of the day.  He played quietly.  He helped me carry papers to and from the copier.  He doodled on scratch paper.  He crashed his trucks together, and danced to the music in his head, and generally was just a completely delightful child.

Until he decided he wanted to play with my computer.  While I was across the room.  The next thing I knew, he had deleted half of the audition appointments I have spent two weeks making.  I'm not even sure how.  But he did.  And they appear to be irrecoverable.  Ugh.

It was funny, though, because he was utterly proud of himself for figuring out how to get to the computer in the first place.  He sat there, proud as a peacock, grinning from ear to ear.  All I could do was sigh.

In true dramatic Miles fashion, he replied by throwing his head back and sighing.  Thanks, kid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment