Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Revenge of Tuesday

If you've read this blog for at least the last two weeks, you know all about my arch-nemesis, Tuesday.  It returned this week, with a vengeance.


It all started with a crazy-wild toddler, in a hurry to get out the door.  In such a hurry, in fact, that he couldn't be bothered to get dressed.  Or eat.  Or do any of the other hundred little things you have to do to get out of the door in the morning.  All he wanted to do was go bye-bye.  After a hundred major temper tantrums, and a few minor miracles, I managed to get him out the door, and into the van.

When I turned the key, though, it began knocking like crazy - something it has never done before.  So, I drove by Patrick's office and had him listen to it. He told me to drive it as little as possible, and we dropped it off at the mechanic's during his lunch break.



Three hours later, in the midst of another screaming fit, Patrick called with the diagnosis: the van needs a new engine.

Blargh. Tuesday wins this round, I guess.



[Disclaimer: We are figuring it out.  We will manage, and I will update you on our new vehicle in the near future, hopefully.  I just needed to vent a little.]

No comments:

Post a Comment